Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Figure skates?

I am 23 and am about to buy my first new pair of figure skates in almost 6 years. I started skating at in April of 2002 and skated fairly regularly for about 3 years. Then I stopped skating almost completely until about 1 month ago. I have been skating almost everyday since coming back and I need new skates desperately. Mine are so broken down in the ankles and I have had them sharpened so much that I do not have a rocker anymore. I am going to a pro shop on Friday. What brand of skates would you recommend? If it makes any difference I tend to turn my ankles in really bad so its hard for me to keep my outside edges.

Figure skates?
If your last pair worked well for you, I%26#039;d go with the same brand. I%26#039;m 23, as well, and have custom SP-Teri boots, phantom blades, and built-in orthotics but that%26#039;ll set you back about $1600, unfortunately (which is why I%26#039;m praying mine hold up through law school. . .so far so good and they%26#039;re over 4 years old).





A boot fitter would be best suited to telling you what would work best with your type of feet.



Hotel reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment