Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How can I combine inline speed skates with trick skates?

It doesn%26#039;t have to be aggressive skates but the skates that guys use to go real fast combined with trick skates (maybe excluding grinding). When I say trick skating I mean free skating.





Free skating: Riding around cities and towns with friends wile doing a series of tricks and finding the fastest root to get from point A to point B.





What kind of wheel set up should I have to combine free skating (or trick skating) with the speed of race skating? But not to fast, I need some control. Take a look at this wiki page about wheel set ups and tell m weather I should have it like one of these set ups or do you guys know of a better set up to combine speed with monouver tricks and maybe even a little slalom...ok maybe thats a bit much but hey, maybe not.








Wiki page on wheel set ups:





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/full_rocker...














Just incase you wanted to know what slalom is:





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/freestyle_s...

How can I combine inline speed skates with trick skates?
I%26#039;ve just started practicing slalom over the summer. I bought a pair of the Rollerblade Twister II Pros:


http://www.blackdiamondsports.com/Roller...





I think these are probably the best skates to get right now in Canada for freeskating and a bit of slalom. The frame is too long for slalom unless your skate size is over 42-43. Other options would be some durable hockey skates. Recreational skates generally lack the side-to-side ankle support for the bit of jumping that you might do for freeskating.





Now as for the rockering, I find it hard to go full speed with a full rocker because it becomes unstable (which is perfect for slalom)


http://skating.thierstein.net/Knowledge/...


The site above gives all the different types of rocker. For freeskating I would probably go for a front rocker, so that the skates are more maneuverable but still stable.





It all depends on what you do more often.





I hope this helps.



maintenance repairs

No comments:

Post a Comment