Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Which in-line skates are best?

My daughter (7) loves to skate and is taking lessons. She just outgrew her cheapie in-line skates and I want to buy her a new pair. I have RollerBlades from when they first became popular and I know what a difference good skates make. Are RollerBlades still quality skates? I can%26#039;t afford to spend hundreds, but what is a good skate that you recommend?

Which in-line skates are best?
It all depends. Since she%26#039;s only seven, I assume you are talking about recreational skating. I really don%26#039;t have much experience in that department. Rollerblade is still probably the industry leader, but I think when it comes to rec skating you really don%26#039;t need super high quality skates to start out since they aren%26#039;t going to take much abuse from a 7 year old. I started with $30 K-mart skates.





As for aggressive skating (ramps, rails, ledges) your selection is somewhat limited because not every company offers small skates. Some however, do offer high quality junior skates which have similar aggressive skate features like their bigger brothers. Aggressive skating is a lot of fun and I really wish I had started when I was younger. You can find skates like those by checking out www.rollerwarehouse.com , www.skatepile.com , or www.aggressivemall.com . Good luck.



accessories belts

No comments:

Post a Comment